Oh Napa Valley, how I fell for you! Your sexy, curving roads thrilled. Your warm October breezes, heady with eucalyptus, rosemary, and grapes intoxicated. Your wine sated and delighted. And your food. Oh, your food! Each ingredient shining but not overpowering, casually lending just-yanked-from-the-garden character. And your insouciant beauty, from vista to vineyard lunch, aroused both inspiration and envy. Don’t tell Chicago, but I’m dying to see you again. Continue reading
One of my closest friends is traveling to China this week with her husband and three young boys (yes she is a brave soul!). This morning while we were discussing trip details over coffee, the conversation turned to the best thing to wear on long flights. Below, the short list:
1) A great pair of worn-in jeans or leggings.
2) A thin, over-sized wrap or scarf (great as an impromptu blanket or pillow).
3) Flats or short boots for easy removal. No running shoes allowed!
4) The absolute softest t-shirt you can find. (I am completely addicted to James Perse’s white tanks and tees.)
5) A neutral lightweight cardigan, jacket or blazer that can be used throughout vacation.
6) A great tote or cross-body bag in a forgiving color.
7) And last but not least, a fabulous pair of over-sized sunglasses to hide the dark circles!
As the sun rises over Chicago, I will be off to New York with a great friend for the weekend. I’ve packed. Repacked. Edited the repack (what is it about New York that turns me into a complete style schizophrenic?). The plan is to soak up as much art as possible – we met as museum education interns at the Art Institute of Chicago, after all.
Everything at The Frick: http://www.frick.org
Unusual and fascinating at Marlborough Gallery:http://www.marlboroughgallery.com/exhibitions/le-cabinet-de-curiosits
Wild and amazing at Luxembourg & Dayan:
Last but not least, I cannot wait to see this in all its new glory:
And in between, there will be new restaurants to enjoy, drinks at a favorite spot or two, lunch with a college friend, and hopefully a run through Central Park!