I am traveling to New York soon for a great friend’s 40th birthday celebration, so I thought it would be fun to put together a virtual packing list for inspiration. This fantasy suitcase is filled with all things practical and fabulous. Not possible, you say? Read on.
- When isn’t black cashmere appropriate?
- Dark, undistressed skinnies go with just about everything.
- Sleeveless outwear fends off chilly weather while preventing overheating when you are popping in and out of doors. The above Belstaff vest looks off-the-charts incredible.
- A gold chain link necklace is substantial enough for heavier day pieces but it won’t compete for center stage in evening ensembles.
- You need to travel with a cosmetics case, so why not choose this luxe version from Smythson?
- Though I love a great heel, flat shoes are a must for walking the sidewalks, shops, and museum corridors of the city.
- Dark polish on short nails is a fall/winter must, and this grey makes a perfect neutral.
- The tweed peplum top with leather trim pairs beautifully with jeans and heels for a casual evening of drinks and dinner. And it provides a bit of warmth. (You could even wear it over a slim, long sleeved top for an alternate day look.)
- Satin and lace underpinnings feel amazing under anything. Especially heavier fall layers.
- The beauty of matte jersey is that it does not wrinkle, so this aubergine cocktail dress from Cut 25 is perfect for packing. Who wants to mess with ironing, steaming, or sending your dress out with the chance it may not return?
- A cross-body bag with dressed up details blends seamlessly with all pieces here. During the day it allows for comfortable hands-free walking, and in the evening you can tuck away the strap for an over-sized clutch that will hold all of your essentials.
- This Reed Krakoff leather cuff is sleek, sexy, and versatile. It dresses up a white tee, cardigan and jeans and brings a dose of cool to cocktail attire.
- These Jimmy Choo leopard print heels are absolute perfection. Enough said.