This cocktail is summer in a glass! It’s my version of a mojito – light, refreshing, and just sweet enough, starring mint from the garden and the ripest, juiciest farmers’ market strawberries. Dare I say it almost feels healthy?
Fresh Strawberry Mojito
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or more, depending on the sweetness of your berries)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- club soda
- lime slices for garnish
- Place mint leaves and strawberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle with the end of a wooden spoon until strawberries are crushed and mint leaves are fragrant.
- Add agave, lime juice, rum, Cointreau, and a big handful of ice cubes to the cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until combined and chilled.
- Strain into two ice-filled high ball glasses, top each glass with club soda, stir gently, and garnish with a lime wedge.